Friday, February 3, 2012

NEW Madonna!!!

Check out the just released music video for Madonna's debut single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" off her NEW album titled MDNA. The track features rapper's Nicki Minaj and M.I.A:


this is hard for me. but in my world, it all comes back to Madonna. she is the queen, after all. whenever I see these young pop tarts come out with a new music video, I always go, "that's Madonna" or "that bitch stole that shit from Madonna." with that in mind, it's very hard to criticize Madonna because she has done it all. here is the good news, I believe the song will be a smash for her, and so will the video. they are young, colorful, and catchy, and I can totally see it being a hit at the school pep rally. but, as a true Madonna fan, I was expecting much more from her. I heard that William Orbit was producing her new album, which brought my hope level to an extreme high (Orbit was the producer of Madonna's wildly successful Ray Of Light album). so, of course I was waiting for something to blow my mind. something different and fresh with a little edge. but, sadly the song (and it's video) are anything but. it's a little too Avril Lavigne for my taste. and I'm not feeling Minaj here whatsoever. however, one must keep in mind the woman is 50 + years of age and it is a dog eat dog world out there in music land. so, for a lead single, this is expected. relevance is crucial. that said, I will be keeping my moisturized fingers crossed so tight that they may bleed, in hopes that the rest of MDNA isn't some recycled, over produced, generic pop bullshit. I want Erotica. I want Bedtime Stories. I want Confessions!!! I believe it was Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada who said it best, "I asked for clean, athletic, smiling; she sent me dirty, tired and paunchy."