Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Love Larry.

My favorite show for a while now has been Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO. The show, an acquired taste to most, is currently in its 9th season and is the networks longest running program. I am aware that most people despise Larry David and don't find his humor, humorous at all. I choose to believe that those people are idiots and do not get what makes a television comedy, actually a comedy! 

Larry says "If you tell the truth about how you're feeling, it becomes funny". I go through life with this knowledge in tact. It can sometimes get my ass kicked and at times it can get me a hug and a kiss. Regardless, it's the truth.

Curb is the first of its kind. It was the first show to really nail what I like to call the "uncomfortable moment" in television. It has also led the trail for such shows as The Office, Parks & Recreation, and Modern Family.

Below, is a scene from an episode titled "The Shrimp Incident".



uncomfortable, right?